Thursday, May 14, 2020

May Flowers in Paris

The last time I saw Paris was on Leap Day, but I thought it would be fun to re-visit the city through pictures from May Day 2018.  


The first of May is France's Labor Day, and on this holiday I walk to meet friends from church to play games in the park.  Parc Monceau is so green and filled with bright flowers of all colors.  I pass a stand on our street corner where a lady sells Lilies of the Valley.  I learn these delicate white flowers are given as gifts on May Day here.


The stone bridge and big knobby trees are perfection.


James always finds a stick wherever we go.


I miss the green leafy trees hanging over the streets of Paris, though I am happier living with more of the sky than what can be seen between buildings and trees.


À bientôt, Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment