Friday, January 25, 2019

Friday Favorites, vol. xvi

I thought we might return to our regularly scheduled programming this week after recovering from jet lag, catching all the mice, and putting away all the suitcases, but instead we had a lovely interlude of snow and a movie night that stretched into two movie nights.



These are a few of my favorite things this week:

1.  Built-in Warm Jeans from Old Navy

The inside of these jeans is cozy and warm, and I'm so glad I bought them last month.  I had a feeling they would serve me well through the Paris winter, and I lived in these all week.  My legs stayed warm amidst all our snowy outings without resorting to wearing leggings under jeans, which is what I usually do.  

2.  My New Camera Backpack

My brother and sister-in-law gave it to me for Christmas, and it is making it that much easier to take my camera along on outings and still have a place to carry the other things I need, too, in the separate compartment at the top.  It came with a waterproof cover that came in very handy in the snow this week; it slipped right over the backpack easily and kept everything dry.  


The camera bag normally couldn't come with me to the 
library when my backpack was filled with books, but the 
new bag allowed me to carry my books and my real camera.

3.  Reuniting with friends 

It's been a joy to reunite with all the people in our lives here in Paris.  This week we enjoyed brunch, church, hot chocolate, games, movies, and running errands with different people.



4.  I've always loved Cary Grant in this scene of Charade.

I've been wanting to re-watch this movie for a long time and finally had the chance to this week.


What were some of your favorite things this week?  We literally got snowflakes on our nose and eyelashes this week, so it was a good one.  Bon weekend, as they say in France!

No comments:

Post a Comment