Monday, January 7, 2019

End of Trip Reflections

We've entered the last week of our Christmas visit home, which means we're feeling all the feelings.  I feel grateful for such a wonderful time with family and friends in Florida and Alabama.  I feel sad at saying good-bye and for the ocean that will soon separate us.  I feel a little homesick in advance for pine trees and for how warm and friendly every single stranger is.  You don't really meet strangers in the south, and I feel a tinge of reverse culture shock sharing laughs with women in public restrooms after the anonymity of the streets of Paris.  But I love it.



I feel excited for all 2019 holds in Paris.  I'll be happy to get back to our church and my friends, and I'm excited about all the visitors we'll be having pass through Paris in the year ahead.  I'm happy to be spending another year with K.J. Pugh.  As hard as it is to leave the holiday season behind, it's also nice to think of new year goals, new year routines, and fresh starts.  



Yesterday was the sweetest time hearing K.J. preach at our home church and talking and connecting with old friends.  The next three days are full of doctor and dentist appointments, play-dates and girlfriend dates, and last-minute trips to Target and Old Navy.  I am so thankful for friends and family who fill us up with encouragement and love.  Sometimes you need to pull out the King James Version and say, "Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits..."  

No comments:

Post a Comment