Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Vacation

Before we moved to England our little family had only been on vacation together once.  This was due in part to the ages of our children at the time and the truth that it's just easier to stay home with babies and toddlers and not disrupt the sleep patterns, amiright?   K.J. would tell you that it was partly due to his contentment in staying home.  He's like Mr. Knightley in that respect.  

First Family Vacay

But vacation is amazing!  I'm feeling the truth of it afresh this week.  Time to lay aside the regular work and rest is a good gift.  School is out, and we're eating the easiest possible meals I can put together.  My brain feels still.  I took a nap yesterday.  The people who know me best understand that is a sign of truly being at rest for me.  I have never been a good napper.  

How do you like to vacation?  What makes your mind slow down and rest?  I think the past two days have really felt like vacation to me because we had no agenda but to do what we liked, which is a different thing than traveling to me.  We'll see some beautiful and historical things because we're in England, and nearly everything is beautiful and historical.  But we're taking time to be agenda-less, which might be my brain's favorite place to be. 

I'll leave you with this quote from Amor Towles' Rules of Civility.


I think there is!  But it did call up images of pulling out the proverbial slides and projector.  I've already taken nearly 400 photos, so I admit my culpability here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment