Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Sherlock's Coffee House

It's a rainy, cloudy day in Paris, fitting for finishing up The Hound of the Baskervilles (which I just did) and sharing some photos of the cutest little place we discovered in Whitby.


I caught a glimpse of that familiar Sherlockian profile on a sign while walking up the street, and I knew it was a place we needed to visit.  The atmosphere was all you could hope for, and the food was so delicious that at the time we visited, they only accepted cash.  K.J. said  you a knew a place had good food if they deny you the convenience of a debit card.  It's probably worth walking to the ATM.  


I was sold when I saw the violin. 


There was hot chocolate with marshmallows and milk for the kids, and the pancakes and bacon got the Ella seal of approval.  I had a delicious coffee and egg...I was going to say McMuffin, but of course it wasn't that exactly.


I highly recommend going for breakfast or brunch like we did.


It felt every inch a Victorian-era boarding house.


"...the only safe plotter
was he who plotted alone."
- The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - 

No comments:

Post a Comment