Friday, June 22, 2018

Friday Favorites: vol. x

Happy (official) summertime!


I spent the first week of summer taking care of James who had a fever virus.  Fever viruses aren't one of my favorite things, but here's what was a delight this week.

1.  picnic with friends on a beautiful summer's night


It was a beautiful evening, and I got several mosquito bites--one of my least favorite things--but at least I brought Benadryl cooling gel along from our last trip home.

2.  ladies book exchange

I'm sure book club will show up continuously on Friday Favorites.  Any gathering where you can talk books is a good gathering.  And speaking of books...

3.  signing the kids up for summer reading at the library

I just love summer reading and the work libraries do to promote it.  I love the goal-setting method, but the American Library in Paris is doing something I've never seen done before, which is just have kids aim to read for 30 minutes a day through the summer.  Each week you achieve that goal your name is entered into a drawing for extra prizes.  I thought it was a great way to spare parents having to keep up with the book list and also just to help kids not feel behind who may not read as quickly.  The idea is just to get kids reading.  👍


4.  Trampoline!

I finally took the kids to jump at Tuileries.  I've always thought it would be a fun thing to do when kids are in school, and it was!  


5.  finding extra deodorant stashed in a suitcase


Ella is still laughing at my fervent, "Praise the Lord!" I uttered when I found it last night.  I knew I'd stocked up on my favorite, but I couldn't find it anywhere when I needed it.  I have a hard time finding deodorant I like on this side of the Atlantic.  Am I the only one with a favorite deo?  

2 comments:

  1. Girl. Keep it stocked. Haha. 2 years overseas - Secret deoderant and plain Cheerios are now my only requests from the States.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha...I'm glad I'm not the only one! The only one I've found over here that works well is weirdly an aerosol spray by Nivea. It works great, but the spray lingers in the air, which isn't super nice.

    ReplyDelete