Friday, June 2, 2017

6 Months

We're officially halfway through 2017 (what?!) and in honor of their 6-month anniversary yesterday I thought I would share some of my favorite Matt and Katie photos.  Maybe I'll pick 5 favorites from each event?  This will be hard!  Theirs was such a beautiful, God-honoring wedding, and I will never forget the overwhelming feeling of thankfulness I had at the reception, surrounded by so many people who love our family.  It was such a gift to be there and to capture such sweet and beautiful moments.

The Wedding Party


Matt's groomsmen praying for he and Katie before the ceremony was so special I switched the camera to video even though I'm not a videographer because I knew he'd want to remember it.


Mothers and Daughters - What's not to love?


It's definitely a relief for everyone when you get all those formal shots out of the way.


I'm obviously a fan of the more casual moments.


When the flower girl is your daughter, and the matron of honor is your sister-in-law, it has to be a favorite shot.  Ella loves Aunt Sandy.

River Walk

The rainy start to the new year only gave us an excuse for a fun prop.


Beautiful Katie


He's can't wait to see his bride at this point.


I love how she looks at him.


Happy Smiles


I love this picture because she looks like Cinderella hurrying to the ball.

Ceremony


I'm glad I didn't miss Matt's face as Katie walked down the aisle.


They're about to pronounced husband and wife.


Hooray!


Matthew and Katie did something non-traditional and came back after the recessional to greet all their guests before dismissing them to the reception.  It was such a special way to speak to all the people who came to celebrate with them before all of the hubbub of the reception.  


New Family

Reception


First Dance


Sweet Moments


This performance of Sisters from White Christmas may be the best one I've ever seen.


What a beautiful night...


I was so nervous about getting these send-off pictures right.  Another time I'll tell the photographer's tell of woe of having to manually focus most of the reception pictures because it was too dark for the auto-focus to work.  I prayed, and I'm thankful I got the shot in the end.  It was one of those perfect nights.  

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother
and hold fast to his wife, and the two shall become
one flesh.  This mystery is profound, and I am saying
that it refers to Christ and the church.
- Ephesians 5:31-32 - 

No comments:

Post a Comment