Sunday, July 19, 2015

Latterbarrow Fell


My husband loves planning trips.  I'm glad for him to handle the logistics of our route while I make sure we have enough snacks and reading material for the journey.  KJ's only problem lately is how much he tries to fit into a day.  I mention it because I feel like he had one other item on the agenda for this day, but after our trek up the hill I for one was feeling tired and ready to drive home.  It wasn't a long walk, but it was a steep one.


This climb was one of those where you only thought the view was good when you first stopped for breath and looked behind you.  The reality was that it kept getting better with every subsequent stop.


Who doesn't love those patches of green?


That little dot is my husband at the summit.  When we reached the top we all split up and walked around, enjoying the view from all angles.


There was also lots of family portrait-taking, and KJ took the camera for a while.


On our way up we took the left leaning when the path split into two.  Unbeknownst to us we took the straight-up-the-hillside approach, while the other path was a much gentler slope.  I was very much relieved that we took that way on the walk down because the thought of James in his wellies walking straight down rocks was making me nervous!


Those hills are beautiful, aren't they?


And it really is a wonderful thing to get to share such beautiful places with people that we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment