Friday, March 7, 2014

1,000

This is my 1000th blog post, which feels worth noting.  I think it's worth remembering my very first blog header, designed for me by the talented Hillary Sikes.


Four years ago this month I started this blog and went through the process of figuring out what to call it, because all blogs need a name, right?  And somehow, my thoughts brought me to this quote from the movie Harvey, and it has proven to be an apt name.  It reminds me of these verses in Acts:


And He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face
of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their
dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their
way toward Him and find Him.  Yet He is actually not far from each one of us.

Wherever I am--both physically, spiritually, emotionally, any kind of season of life-- isn't a haphazard circumstance.  The people around me aren't haphazardly placed there.  All of these things have been determined by a gracious God, and they've been determined that I might seek Him and find Him!

I needed to remember that this morning.  

"Oddly enough," we made tentative plans to watch Harvey tonight.  I just love Elwood P. Dowd.


I'm thankful for an avenue of recording all the places we've been and all the places we'll go.  There have been normal everyday things.  In the past four years I've written in detail about my sleep deprivation (what scintillating reading material!) and a picky eater eating her greens.  

There have been silly videos:

 

There have been long days without my husband while he was away on mission trips. 


It's all been full of grace.  

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."

1 comment:

  1. They have certainly been wonderful times, and I'm so grateful for you recording them. Thank you for sharing everyday adventures with me.

    --K.J.

    ReplyDelete