Friday, March 21, 2014

Franco Fridays: Harfleur

KJ had one last stop planned for us before we stopped for our first night on the road in Normandy.  I'm afraid that I ruined it for him, poor man.  I'm not usually much of a napper, but I guess the busy week caught up with me, and when we got back in the car and left the cliffs of Etratat I promptly fell back into a deep sleep.  So when KJ pulled into a parking lot, I was feeling really grumpy.  "Where are we?  Why are we stopping here?"  That's all I could say.


























We're in Harfleur.  Take my picture! 

What is there to see here? 

You know, Henry V... "I will not leave the half-achieved Harfleur, till in her ashes she lie buried."
It's a really cute town, but I'm sorry.  I'm so tired.
Just smile, and we'll remember how happy you were here.
Pictures can lie.  Can we please go back to the car?  I just need a bed and a Bible.
Yes, let's go.  "Therefore, you men of Harfleur, take pity of your town and of your people."
 

And that is the story of how my husband just wanted to quote Shakespeare, and I just wanted to be put to bed.  All pictures are courtesy of his iPhone, because I was too tired to care.  It's a travesty.  He took me to l'hotel and then went out to pick up dinner, which ended up taking an inordinate amount of time because of traffic, causing me to question the judgment of being apart from him in a foreign country with no way to communicate.  But to quote Shakespeare again, "All's Well that Ends Well."

No comments:

Post a Comment