Monday, December 16, 2013

The Second and Third Days of Christmas

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

three hours of Tolkien,

 
two bowls of chili,


and a gymnastics jamboree!

It was date night around here last night; KJ always gets sentimental about these movies coming out since he loves Tolkien, and The Fellowship of the Ring was the first movie we ever saw together in a theater.  Maybe that's the reason he fell in love with me... ;)  

I won't give any spoilers, but I left the theater inspired to create, with a fresh sense of awe at how Christ's sacrificial death defeated evil, and a general sense of delight in the creativity and skill of people.

James' preschool class sang some Christmas songs during the service last night.  It was very adorable.  He is very adorable.  They all wore Christmas pajamas to church.  KJ said he could also pass as a pirate with his striped pants.  I love that kid.

This is my first Christmas season to have a child so truly anxiously awaiting Christmas day.  Ella has always been excited, but James is truly impatient.  "It's taking FOREVER."  This is his general thought on anything he doesn't want to do, though.  We're counting the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment