Friday, December 28, 2012

A Whirlwind of a Week

In the past week we've taken part in a lovely wedding.

We celebrated Christmas with KJ's family with a house full of children and family we don't see often enough.

We traveled to my parents' home and basked in the Christmas magic and gave thanks for our family's new addition.

We raced back home just in time for a little bit of the larger Pugh family gathering.

And yesterday we stayed quietly at home.  The kids played with new toys, watched new movies, KJ put his new hubcaps on his car, I jogged around the neighborhood with Ella while she rode her new bike, and the biggest accomplishment of all?  I unpacked all of the bags we dropped in the living room Saturday night, Monday afternoon, and Wednesday night.  They were beginning to pile up.

Now I've got a birthday boy to think about... or birthday man rather.  Someone's turning 30.

4 comments:

  1. I love that in the picture of just the Pugh grandkids, the Minnie ears on Claire's shirt look like Minnie ears on Karis's head! What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella noticed that this morning. So fun. :) It looks like you had a magical week. I can't hear about it!

      Delete
  2. 30! Sigh...that reminds me, my own 30th is fast approaching. How can we possibly be in our 30s my dear bosom girl? Wasn't it just yesterday we were walking around Arab on a snowy day exploring alleys and forgotten graveyards and planning a story? God is good to us, let us thank Him for these years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It DOES seem like yesterday. We talk like old people now. :) These years are good indeed, and I am thankful. What I find different about aging now and looking into the future, is that it is so unknown. In high school, you "knew" what was ahead: college, marriage, children, but now...who knows? Whatever else changes, definitely raising children is ahead. :)

      Delete