Friday, November 20, 2020

Five Quotes, vol. xxvi

 

The Cut-Price Bookstore
Helmsley, North Yorkshire

The above photo is one of the first times I decided I should take a picture of every book I bought outside the bookshop where I purchased it.  I don't always remember to do this, but I wish I did!  It's a special reminder of all the little shops I've happily browsed.  I must confess that sometimes the reason I don't take a picture is because my purchases are too many for me to hold up by myself and take a picture.


"Christians, especially ministers, so often think they must always contribute something when they are in the company of others, that this is the one service they have to render.  They forget that listening can be a greater service than speaking."
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Life Together


"Dwell I but in the suburbs
Of your good pleasure?"
- Julius Caesar, Portia to Brutus, William Shakespeare


"Passion, I see, is catching, for mine eyes, 
Seeing those beads of sorrow stand in thine,
Began to water."
- Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, William Shakespeare


"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once."
- Julius Caesar, William Shakespeare


"Never lose an opportunity of seeing something beautiful.  Beauty is God's handwriting."
- Charles Kingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment