Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Favorites, vol. v

1.  James reading the Hardy Boys


I grew up loving Nancy Drew (I still do!), so I was thrilled when I handed James the first Hardy Boys book from our host's bookshelves, and he liked it!  He's now read the first five and is listening to an awesome audio book complete with motorcycle sounds.  Take me back to the America of teenage sleuths respected by the local police force. 😊

2.  Hearing Taps played at the end of the day at the American Cemetery at Normandy


3.  putting my feet in soft, warm sand 


It's been over a year, and it was such a good feeling.

4.  whenever your kids love something they first thought they wouldn't like


Ella didn't have high hopes during the long wait to get inside Monet's garden, but she loved it so much once she made it around the lily pond.  Please advise:  is it good parenting to rub it in every time you're right about how much your kids will enjoy something?  I don't think I'm too obnoxious about it.  As K.J. used to always say to me, "Who told you if I didn't tell you?"  

No comments:

Post a Comment