Thursday, August 24, 2017

Road Trip

On Tuesday we drove north to the Scottish Highlands.  We've never been this far north into Scotland before, and I don't know why, but I was surprised by how beautiful the drive was. We had a couple of bathroom breaks along the way.  Because this is the island of amazing beauty those bathroom breaks included a castle and the banks of Loch Lomond.  Truly we are getting spoiled by such scenery in the background that makes life's mundane moments seem like adventures.



We're enjoying slow mornings with an overall good amount of sunshine, which you can never count on but is always welcome.  The only bummer is the acting up of my plantar fasciitis after walking up a hillside in my wellies instead of my good-support tennishoes.  I'm trying to be thankful for all the good and just accept the enforced slowing down of my body, for indeed, "The Lord's lovingkindnesses never cease."

No comments:

Post a Comment