Wednesday, January 4, 2017

We're Back.

It is a beautiful and sunny morning in North Yorkshire on our first day back.  The rest of my family is still sleeping off the effects of missing a night of sleep so the house is quiet.  Scratch that.  James just woke up at 10:51 a.m., but he is happily eating a Zbar and drinking chocolate milk in front of the hot radiator in the kitchen.  This is the kind of slow and quiet morning I love that is a rare gift in this season of life.  I myself was awakened by the insistent knocking on the door by the lady delivering my groceries.  Whoops.  Thankfully, she was very understanding.  K.J. suggested last night we take two Tylenol PM and kick jet lag right outta here.  I think it worked because the last time I slept until 10 a.m. I was 20-years-old, I think.


Traveling is hard work, and we couldn't be prouder of these two kids.  We made it there and back again.


Time with cousins is so much fun.


Life can be hard when you're two, but it can also turn around quickly.


The mild weather made it feel a little less like Christmas, but it was perfect for playing football in the front yard with Uncle Kam.


And the wedding?  The wedding was wonderful.


I have picture-editing to fill all my nights from now until Groundhog Day, I expect.  Speaking of Groundhog Day, last year I made a point of watching the movie on the day just for fun, and that memory is so vivid it feels like it happened yesterday when it was nearly a year ago.  Time is funny.  Happy new year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment