Sunday, January 1, 2017

DECEMBER

It's the end of December and time for the last monthly round-up of 2016.  

December 1



The month began with a walk around Knaresborough after dropping our Thanksgiving guests off at the train station there.  It was beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  I'm always ready by the first of December.

December 2



I had such a fun Christmas-y day out brunch with this lovely friend in Harrogate.  I ended up with several trips to Harrogate in the past month, and it is nice to feel like I'm getting to know the town.

December 3



I had a photoshoot with two families at Fountains Abbey on this Saturday.  I managed a few country-living shots of my own kiddoes in the midst of it.  Just look at that cutie.

December 4



We drove to Whitby with our church family to celebrate a friend's birthday.  We ate fish and chips and walked along the beach.  It was so beautiful and mild compared to the first December we visited when we realized just how inadequate our winter gear was.

December 5



We didn't put up a tree this year since we were coming home for Christmas, but the living room wouldn't have been the same without twinkly lights so I strung them about where I could.

December 6



A foggy, foggy, cold, cold day.

December 7 



We really enjoyed our advent candle this year and had really sweet times of reading and praying together as a family.  I loved hearing the overflow of the kids' hearts talking to God. They took turns blowing out the candle each night.

December 8 



The kids' classes at school had a joint Christmas play where they both played the roles of innkeepers in charge of full inns.  James happily wore his shepherd costume from last Christmas.

December 9 



We had a busy two weeks of Christmas concerts.

December 10



After a Saturday of running errands around town I promised the kids a treat from the bakery.

December 11



I was stopped at a light beside this house on a flying trip to Harrogate on Sunday afternoon. It's noticeable for obvious reasons.

December 12



I ended up purchasing a small artificial tree for our early Christmas morning.  We realized at the last minute that this Monday morning was our only chance to have a family Christmas so there were a lot of envelopes with promises of presents from Amazon to come.

December 13



KJ captured this early-morning moment.  Morning snuggles with James are one of my favorite things, and I treasure these days when he still fits in my lap.

December 14


Pizza and Chamomile Tea courtesy of K.J. when I got sick on a Wednesday night

December 15


It was supposed to be my day to focus on packing, but instead I spent most of it with a fever and sore throat.  Being forced to be still and rest is restorative, though.

December 16


Christmas Jumper day at school (and the last day of the term!)

December 17


Christmas Concert Ella took part in

December 18


Christmas Present!

December 19 


Headed Home!

December 20


Cousin Sleepin' 

December 21


Christmas Tree Bokeh

December 22


Playground Fun

December 23


Sunny Alabama Morning

December 24


Christmas Dinner

December 25 


Murphy Cousins

December 26


Target Run with my Sister

December 27


Pugh Cousins lining up for Presents

December 28


Playground Fun

December 29


I had my first really good experience with eggnog.

December 30


Shrimp and Grits!!!

December 31


We celebrated KJ's birthday a morning early with Krispy Kreme and Chicken Minis from Chick-Fil-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment