Monday, July 1, 2019

Half-Way Through the Year

Half-way through the year seemed like a good time to bring back my monthly picture-a-day post.  This year we had our last day of school on May 31, so June began our summer vacation, and it was a fun first month with a big trip to Alabama for lots of cousin fun for the kids.  

June 1 - E began the summer reading this classic, which photographed so beautifully with our June roses.


June 2 - Window View

I love the windows that open directly to the outdoors in Europe; however, France has more bugs than England did, so I appreciate the function of screen windows more now.


June 3 - Geraniums are a summer staple in France.


June 5 - Skulking Fox


June 6 - Still can't believe we live in this city


June 7 - Summer Night


June 8 - Summer Walk


June 9 - June roses are pretty fantastic.


June 10 - Home Sweet Home


June 12 - It is a truth universally acknowledged that I love this story in all its variations.


June 13 - One last walk in the park before our Alabama summer adventure


June 14 - I wholeheartedly endorse the substitution of peanuts and pretzels with Cheez-its on Delta flights.


June 15 - Made it to Alabama and Andy Griffith


June 16 - Father's Day


June 17 - Pool Time


June 18 - Movie Time with Cousins


June 19 - No bones were broken on the Slip n' Slide this year.


June 20 - Waterpark!


June 21 - Last Day of Vacation Bible School


June 22 - Toy Story 4 (better than I expected, and my first time to watch a movie in a recliner)


June 23 - So much preciousness


June 24 - Hot Now!


June 25 - Fresh Hair


June 26 - And on to the next set of cousins!


June 27 - My First Sister


June 28 - I'm so glad these ladies made the drive to meet up for a short visit!


June 29 - Happy birthday, Paton!


June 30 - Sunday Cousins


I think I've shared this quote before, but it bears repeating:

“If cousins are the right kind, they’re best of all:  
kinder than sisters and brothers, and closer than friends.”

- Gone-Away Lake by Elizabeth Enright - 

3 comments:

  1. Your pics are great as always,I so want to see you and babes,but don’t know it can happen,I know you and e&j are having a wonderful time,so very happy you were blessed to make the trip,,,,love you,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are BEAUTIFUL captures and I love this idea SO MUCH! Can I join you, in August?

    ReplyDelete