Thursday, April 18, 2019

Rainbows and Stars

Spending a couple of days in Normandy and Brittany last month gave us an opportunity to enjoy "rainbow weather."  That perfect constant back and forth of sun and rain and clouds happened a lot in England, and I've missed it.  You can bet I yelled at K.J. to stop the car when we saw this out of our windows.


The rest of our drive included more alternating rain and clouds, but shortly after we arrived at our Airbnb someone spotted another rainbow across the fields.


March is a good time for rainbows, I suppose. 🍀

Rainbow-spotting always feels magical, but the best moment of looking up came that night when James walked out to the car.  He stepped out the door into the cold, and I heard him gasp.  I always think something's gone wrong or someone's been hurt when I hear sounds like that, but the next thing I heard was James saying with complete amazement:  "Look at the stars!!"  I never want to forget the wonder I heard in his voice.


I didn't have my big tripod with me, but I tried to capture some of the wonder with K.J.'s small, flexible one.  My camera lens was a little too heavy for it, but I got a couple of shots to help us remember.  I didn't realize how long it had been since we'd been somewhere so dark.

4 comments:

  1. And I still wonder at the gift God gave you to capture these beautiful creations and give them to us,you and your pictures are a never ending joy to my ❤️,,love you sweet girl,,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad, and you're so sweet. I love you!

      Delete
  2. Wow!!! Those rainbows were especially amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete