Monday, May 1, 2017

April

April 1 - We visited one of our favorite bookshops to buy a birthday gift. It was hard to get the kids out the door, as you can see.



April 2 - Headed to Maypole Practice on a sunny Sunday afternoon



April 3 - I said no to playing the Wii, so that meant a yes to playing in the mud.



April 4 - Homecoming  Most days he works in an office in the back garden, so I was feeling extra affectionate when he came home from this office day.  James told me this week that, "You chose a good husband."  Yep.  Except that he feels more like a gift I wouldn't have known to ask for rather than the result of my good choosing.



April 5 - How long will the stopwatch run?  James has this habit of starting the stopwatch on the iPod and leaving it.  This felt like a possible world record to me.



April 6 - Coloring-in the Louisiana Purchase  This little map project was Ella's idea, and I love what a self-starter of projects and learning she is.  I also love reading history books with her.  I was reminded again today of how I used to walk around the backyard reading my Alabama History book out loud in 4th grade.



April 8 - Spring is magnificent at the York Minster and everywhere else.



April 9 - Just look at those lambs skipping!



April 10 - My Kids Stories = 💓



April 11 - Egg-Painting  You don't see egg dye sold as much here, but I found this fun activity at our local grocery store.


April 12 - Wednesday Night Sunshine  It's so nice to have the longer and warmer days coming back.



April 13 - Playground Blooms



April 14 - Pirate James  The kids loved our Easter Holiday Bible Club theme this year.



April 15 - We had some of the best colors yet when we dyed eggs.  I forgot to go looking for white eggs, but I thought the brown ones turned out beautifully.



April 16 - I love Easter lunch.



April 17 - The North Yorkshire Moors  It is such a different landscape from the rolling green hills elsewhere!  They look really beautiful in the sunshine with the gorse blooming.


April 18 - Whitby Abbey  Speaking of sunshine, this picture makes me want to run back to the seaside stat!


April 19 - Grosmont Station  One of the most delightful things about being in an old country, is stumbling upon treasures like this train station, preserved in its 1930s-era glory.  It is the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time.


April 20 - Sherlock's  I heard someone say recently that you know it's a good place to eat when they only accept cash because they're so good they don't have to bother setting up a credit card machine.


April 21 - No pictures while we're reading!  Coming home from vacations before you have to get back to the regular routine is such a good idea.  It was so nice having a chill day before the end of the Easter holidays.


April 22 - E-mailing Big Daddy  We recently signed up for an e-mail address for James so he could continue his short story exchange with his grandfather.  I've gotten a few e-mails from my son that included heart emojis, and it was the best thing ever.


April 23 - Dessert for the Kids  T brought us some American sprinkles that can hold up to being baked.  We've learned sprinkles here tend to dissolve.  They also look so bright and fun on vanilla ice cream.


April 24 - A Nearly Empty Sweet Tea Pitcher  We had Americans from Georgia over for lunch on Sunday, and it made me smile to find the pitcher like this on Monday morning.


April 25 - Glorious Morning Colors and Light


April 27 - Yorkshire Dales Views


April 28 - Morning Birdwatching


April 29 - Sweet Bedtime Moment


April 30 - Made me so silly, happy

No comments:

Post a Comment