Monday, February 18, 2013

Mommy's Tired + An Announcement

This morning I feel like I do during the first year of life with a baby:  tired.  So tired.  Lying there with the bright sunshine pouring into the bedroom and instead of feeling glad at the sight, wanting to roll over and pull the covers over my head.  

James is having sleep issues.  He has been for the past month.  I'm not a napper, but I've been forced into napping the past three days in a row, and they haven't been little catnaps.  I have been out cold in deep sleep.  Last night he was up from around 1-3 a.m.  The bright spot is that at 8:15 he's still asleep, and this is the latest he's slept in weeks.  He's been getting up with the sun.  I am thankful that this has not been the normal for us and praying this passes soon.

But is he cute or what?  It's hard to stay too irritated with him.  He's precious.  When I was putting him back to bed last night I asked him if he was okay, and he said in the sweetest voice, "Yeah, I just a little scared."  He just melts my heart.  But by 3 a.m. I was all stern voice, "Don't get out of that bed again."  Ahh, parenting...

I have a big announcement I wanted to make today (not another baby!), and I wanted to make it with bells and whistles, but I don't think my night of interrupted sleep gives me time for bells and whistles this morning.  So here goes...

Lord willing, and if everything works out, I'm going on a mission trip KJ is leading to Paris, to work with our friend Parker's church and with the International Mission Board.  Boom.  I am so excited.  I'm excited to fly away with KJ, to have sweet times of fellowship and service with people in our church I don't normally get time with, excited to see what the church looks like in France, excited about the ministry there, excited about filling up my new external harddrive with 3,000 more pictures.  I'm so thankful for such a gracious gift and opportunity (and for a husband and parents who make it possible). 

5 comments:

  1. I thought Baby first! Awesome opportunity. Excited for you guys and the Kingdom work that will be done !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for James' sleep issues, that this passes quickly, and that the morning sunlight will bring a smile again. I know the feeling all too well :/

    SO EXCITED for your Paris trip! Can't wait for the next 3,000 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sleeplessness is your life right now, right? Thanks for your excitement! And, David, I knew if I didn't clarify, "big announcement" usually translated to "baby coming!" :)

      Delete